Before you go ahead with your bathroom remodel, you must plan things ahead of time so the entire project will go on smoothly. It is best that the project is done as efficiently as possible so the disruption to your daily life is kept to a minimum. This is especially true if you only have one bathroom.
Here are five tips for surviving your bathroom remodel:
- Ready all the materials: Before the bathroom remodeling contractors arrive, check the materials because it is possible that they could have gotten damaged during transit. That way you can arrange for replacements immediately and avoid delays in your project.
- Remove all the items in your bathroom, and put them in a box for easy retrieval: You might want to declutter also the things you don’t need as you go.
- Deal with the dust: Cover the floors from the exit leading to the bathroom. The foot traffic of the bathroom conversion contractors will carry the dust around the house so keep your floor protected. Put dust sheets on your furniture.
- If you only have one bathroom, make a plan: It could be any of the following:
- If you have friendly neighbors, your best bet is to ask permission to use their bathroom.
- Set up a makeshift bath. Some contractors may be willing to set up a make-shift bath for you. If not, set up a washing station with buckets, basins and a water dipper. Make sure you save up enough water before the plumbers tackle the plumbing portion of the remodel. Consider using portable toilets.
- If the options above are not possible, you might want to stay in a hotel while the remodel is ongoing.
- Consider using dry shampoo and other similar products: Keep baby wipes and hand sanitizers handy.
If you are searching for bathroom renovation companies to do your dream bathroom update, you have come to the right place. Elite Bathrooms LuxStone™ of Long Island offers a wide range of designs and features from KOHLER® LuxStone Shower Solutions like shower doors, shower base, walls, faucets and other accessories. Call us now at (631) 201-4299 to schedule a consultation.