Transitioning from tub to shower is guaranteed to be a great decision. Unlike tubs, showers are convenient and accessible for all users at home. And they only use two-thirds the amount of water of baths, 20 gallons vs. 30 gallons, respectively. Meanwhile, if you have a deep soaker or whirlpool tub, the water use can increase to 80 to 100 gallons according to experts.
However, it is still critical to research before purchasing materials or scheduling a renovation appointment. This includes being able to determine which are facts and fiction about shower panels. I
- “Only standard sizes are available.” The truth is, you can get a custom-sized solid surface shower, no matter how huge the dimensions are. Most shower wall panel materials can be cut to the exact measurements of any shower, including LuxStone®. These are specifically designed to be custom-fitted for your bathroom.
- “Acrylic is the only option to consider.” It should be noted that acrylic is one of the most-used shower options, but it doesn’t mean it’s the only material you should consider. Shower wall items, after all, vary by quality and appearance. Here are some little known alternatives you can choose from:
- Polyvinyl (PVC) composite decorative stone panels: Shower remodeling companies say this faux stone is two times thicker than acrylic, has 3 inches wide trim moldings and is easy to install.
- Fiberglass: Should you have a standard-size shower, this is ideal. Although the material is thinner than acrylic, it is still a great bet. After all, they are one of the least expensive materials to utilize.
- Solid surface wall panels: These are thick, but are not difficult to cut. They also come in smooth and stone tile looks that require minimal maintenance.
- “White and beige are the only colors you can choose.” Similar to any kind of home gadget and feature, showers have a wide range of selections, styles and colors included. LuxStone shower walls, for example, come in a modern matte finish and a variety of patterns and colors. This makes it easier for homeowners to express their personality through a custom shower design.
Elite Bathrooms LuxStone of Long Island is one of the area’s best shower replacement contractors. You can count on us for dependable bathroom remodeling solutions. Call us at (631) 528-2201, or fill out our contact form to get a free estimate.