As a general rule, it’s best to let professional bathroom remodeling contractors handle your remodeling project. DIY bathroom renovations may seem like a great way of saving money on remodeling costs. However, they almost always end up costing homeowners in the long run.
Here’s an overview of some of the risks of DIY remodeling:
- Installation errors – Bathroom renovations involve plumbing, electrical and tile work, all of which are highly specialized trades. Without the necessary training and expertise, first-time renovators are bound to make a few costly installation errors.
- Budget blowouts – Meticulous budget planning can help keep DIY renovations within budget. However, installation errors – which are DIY renovators are prone to making – can easily blow your remodeling budget.
- Project delays – Another problem with DIY renovations is that homeowners often underestimate how long they take. A survey of more than 2,000 homeowners found that more than half of respondents found that their DIY projects took longer than anticipated. The problem of effective time management is compounded by the fact DIY renovators only have time to do remodeling work on weekends.
Given these risks, DIY renovations arguably don’t make practical or financial sense. To protect the returns on investment on your new bathroom, it’s best to hire bathroom remodeling contractors.
What Are the Advantages of Hiring Professional Bathroom Remodelers?
Here’s how professional bathroom remodelers can help:
- Lower material costs – Hiring a contractor from one of your local bathroom renovation companies can help you save on material costs. Since remodelers often have connections in the local community, they can procure tiles and other materials at wholesale prices.
- Bathroom design – While choosing new fixtures and tiles is mostly a matter of design preference, there are practical considerations (like the accessibility of your shower) you need to take into account as well. Remember: function and design are always intertwined. After taking into account your needs and preferences, a contractor can suggest several designs.
Here’s a tip: if you want to add a personal touch to your bathroom, Elite Bathrooms LuxStone of Long Island recommends installing KOHLER® LuxStone® showers, which come in a wide variety of designs. To schedule a consultation, call us at [company_number], or fill out this form.