For many homeowners, the thought of remodeling a bathroom can be overwhelming. However, you don’t have to tear off everything just to get the space you’ve been dreaming of. Sometimes, ditching your bathtub for a shower is enough, as it offers numerous benefits, especially when it comes to savings. Here’s why a tub-to-conversion is worth considering in 2023.
Reasons to Ditch the Tub
A tub-to-shower conversion allows you to achieve savings on the following aspects:
- Cost. A new shower or tub-shower combo will generally cost less than replacing an old bathtub with a new one. You can also save money on installation by choosing an easy-to-install prefabricated model such as a one-piece shower stall or walk-in shower with built-in benches and shelves.
- Time. You don’t need to wait around for your tub to fill up with water. Using a shower not only helps reduce water usage but also shave minutes off of your morning routine. This way, you can get on with your day quicker than ever before.
- Space. A standard bathtub takes up more space than a shower enclosure. If you are running out of bathroom space, it may be worth considering ditching it in favor of something more compact, like a walk-in shower. This way, you gain more square footage for your bathroom, making it more open and airy than ever.
Types of Tub Alternatives
The following are some of the features you can install to replace your bathtub:
- Shower Stall. Installing this type of standalone enclosure offers maximum customization options from wall color choice and tile designs plus it takes up much less room than installing a larger soaking bathtub, so you’ll have more floor area available for furniture items, laundry machines, storage units and more. It is also easier to clean due to their smooth surfaces, which means you won’t have to deal with soap scum and mildew buildup.
- Walk-In Shower. This type of shower provides instant accessibility and convenience. That’s because it allows for easy entry and exit without having to step over the curb. A walk-in shower is an ideal choice for households with elderly family members or individuals with mobility issues.
- Tub-Shower Combo. If you’d prefer something more classic, then this might just be what you’re looking for. Combining both functions into one single unit means greater water efficiency while still providing comfort and style at home. And they don’t take too long to install, either.
- Wet Room. If minimalism is what tickles your fancy, why not try out this modern trend? It is an open-concept design featuring waterproof walls and flooring, and drains within the floor. The result is a luxurious, spa-style experience right at home. It’s the perfect choice for anyone looking to create a high-end look for their bathrooms quickly and easily.
When you ditch the tub, you are not only saving space but also creating a healthier environment. Replacing your bathtub with one of the alternatives listed above can help create a more accessible bathroom while promoting ease of maintenance and ensuring a beautiful bathroom space.
When you invest in a tub-to-shower conversion with Elite Bathrooms LuxStone of Long Island, we make the process as stress-free and simple as possible. We feature KOHLER® LuxStone™ shower solutions, which consist of a luxurious yet affordable blended natural stone and durable fiber option for shower walls and bases that are even more resilient than tile or acrylic. To learn more about how our shower systems can help enhance your bathing experience, give us a call at (631) 201-4299, or fill out our contact form for a free consultation.